This simple piece makes the perfect gift or ideal piece of home decor. My husband and I made it for my sister in law, who recently went on a mission trip to Africa. There are only a few necessary supplies (most of which you probably have, and all of which are cheap!):
- Wooden Cross (we found one at Wal-Mart for less than $2)
- Mod Podge
- Sponge Brush
- Scrapbook Paper (we chose a vintage map design)
- To begin, trace around the wooden cross to create an outline on the scrapbook paper. When cutting this out, leave an extra inch or so gap around the outline so you have plenty of overhang to wrap around the edges and adhere to the back of the cross.
- Apply Mod Podge to the front of the wooden cross using your sponge brush. Then, line up the outline of the cut out paper cross to the wood and press securely.
- Flip the cross over to the back side and Mod podge the excess paper in place (we cut slits in some areas to help the paper fold to the shape of the cross better). Let dry.
- Pick a verse and Sharpie it on. Voila, you’re done!