This is my go to dessert to bake because it’s tasty, simple and healthy (because apples are healthy, right?). Give it a try!
- 2 cups diced apple (approx. one large apple)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup canola oil (you can swap 1/2 of this for applesauce)
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar (for the icing)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (for the icing)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl: sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking soda & cinnamon.
- Dice apple(s). Mix in with dry ingredients.
- Stir in oil and egg until well mixed.
- Put in a greased pan (I used a round 8 x 8 pan) & bake for 35 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice to make icing. It should have a squishy, not runny consistency.
- Using a spatula, scoop the icing into a plastic sandwich bag. Make a small cut in the corner of the bag & drizzle the icing on the cake.
Tasty, tasty breakfast.
My cousin Rachael is the Betty Crocker of the family. She always has simple & delicious recipes! This is one of her gems that I got to try with eggs fresh from her farm. It’s soo easy & soo yummy! Thanks for introducing it to me Rach.
- Bell Pepper (any color)
- S & P
- Olive Oil
The pictures pretty much give the instructions!
- Heat up a little olive oil in a frying pan.
- Slice into the bell pepper horizontally to cut a ring.
- Heat the bell pepper in the pan with the olive oil for a couple minutes.
- Crack the egg inside, add salt and pepper.
- Cook, flip & cook.
- Now, eat your breakfast.
I’m a fan of cooking — if it’s easy. And, it doesn’t get much easier than 4 ingredient beer bread! This will only take you about 5 minutes to whip up. Plus, it’s super tasty! My Aunt Robin gets the credit for this, she gave me the recipe at my Bridal Shower (my mom had all the guests bring recipe cards for me and it was a total win!). So, without further ado, here you go.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 12 oz beer
Directions: Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Once mixed, put in a greased bread pan and bake for 50 minutes.
It’s so good warm with butter! And, the cool thing is, the taste varies with different beers.